UNUSUAL ART MATERIALS
in-studio art camp for kids 6-10 years old
Changes due COVID-19:
- Sitting in the studio is rearranged to assure adequate distance between the students.
- Teachers and kids are required to wear face covering.
- Studio is cleaned throughout regularly, with daily disinfection of active use areas (tables, door knobs, sinks, etc) and shared art materials (if possible). Some art materials are provided for individual use (pencil/eraser/clip boards).
- Air purifier with filters is used in the studio during the camp.
- No students with cold-like symptoms are allowed to participate. Please stay home if feeling sick.
- Students will not be allowed to go out of the studio to buy lunch. Please bring snack and lunch with you.
- Parents drop off and pick up students outside of the studio.
Discover new exciting art materials! At Unusual Art Materials camp, students will get a chance to implement their drawings in various not-so-common art media: old-fashioned, such as mosaics, stained glass, metal embossing, embroidery - and brand new, like nail-and-thread drawing, recycled materials sculpting.
Bring your own lunch and snacks.
High-quality art materials provided.
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class start.
If camp or class is cancelled due to gathering restrictions or shelter in place order placed by state or county authorities, similar online camp/class will be held instead. Students can cancel their registration if online learning does not work for them, with the full credit towards future in person camp/class.
9am-12pm: Mosaics. Creating a drawing and making a mosaic based on it.
12:30-3:30pm: Face paint.
9am-12pm. Stained glass painting.
12:30-3:30pm: Metal embossing. Making a unique 3D picture on metal.
9am-12pm: Embroidery. Designing a unique pattern and embroidering it on scarf or other item of closing.
12:30-3:30pm: Pen and ink. Calligraphy. Making hand-written greeting cards.
9am-12pm. Learning to hammer, designing and implementing a unique thread drawing.
12:30-3:30pm: Printmaking. Creating a pattern and making colorful prints.
9am-12pm and 12:30-3:30pm: Arts and crafts from recycled materials.