art camp for kids 10-16 years old
San Jose dates: January 2-6, 2023
12:30- 3:30pm PST
Changes due COVID-19:
- Sitting in the studio is rearranged to assure adequate distance between the students.
- Teachers and kids are required to wear face covering.
- Studio is cleaned throughout regularly, with daily disinfection of active use areas (tables, door knobs, sinks, etc) and shared art materials (if possible). Some art materials are provided for individual use (pencil/eraser/clip boards).
- Air purifier with filters is used in the studio during the camp.
- No students with cold-like symptoms are allowed to participate. Please stay home if feeling sick.
- Students will not be allowed to go out of the studio to buy lunch. Please bring snack and lunch with you.
- Parents drop off and pick up students outside of the studio.
Sketching is a very important way to develop your drawing and observation skills, it helps you to draw freely and can be a basis for your final work or be considered as a work of art on their own.
In this course, we will study different techniques and talk about composition and color theory to master your sketching skills.
9am - 12 pm: Getting to know the material: Introduction. Techniques (using shapes of your pastel effectively, shading, blending, powder painting, stencils, and more). Landscape. Underpainting technique.
12:30pm - 3:30pm: Flowers. Mixed media (watercolor, acrylic, soft pastel on craft paper).
9am - 12 pm: Sketching simple everyday objects. Learning about representation of 2D objects on 3D surfaces.
Graphite pencils, charcoals.
12:30-3:30pm: Arial and linear perspective. Sketching architecture. Graphite and color pencils, liners.
9am - 12 pm: Basics of facial anatomy. Sketches of facial features. Sketches of human and faces in various projections. Pencil, soft pastels.
12:30-3:30 Basics of animal head and body anatomy. Quick sketches of animals. Pencil, soft pastels.
9am - 12 pm: Master copy of a portrait. Learning to draw people alike. Soft pastels.
12:30-3:30pm: Human proportions and body anatomy. Sketching people. Coloring pencils and markers.
9am - 12 pm and 12:30-3:30pm: Final project of a choice. Drawing your favorite landscape, object, person, or pet. Material of a choice.
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class start.
If camp or class is cancelled due to gathering restrictions or shelter in place order placed by state or county authorities, similar online camp/class will be held instead. Students can cancel their registration if online learning does not work for them, with the full credit towards future in person camp/class.