art camp for kids 8-14 years old
Dates & Locations:
December 21-24 :
2105 Old Middlefield Way #D, Mountain View, CA 94043
700 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, CA 95128
- The IN-STUDIO camp will be limited to 6 peope in a group at a time.
- Sitting in the studio is rearrange to assure 6 feet distance between the students.
- Teachers and kids 7 years and older are required to wear face covering.
- Studio is cleaned throughout regularly, with daily disinfection of active use areas (tables, door knobs, sinks, etc) and shared art materials (if possible). Some art materials are provided for individual use (pencil/eraser/clip boards).
- Air purifier with filters is used in the studio during the camp.
- No students with cold-like symptoms are allowed to participate. Please stay home if feeling sick.
- Students will not be allowed to go out of the studio to buy lunch. Please bring snack and lunch with you.
- Parents drop off and pick up students outside of the studio.
The ONLINE version of this camp will be held ONLINE via ZOOM video conference (it is not combined with the studio one, there will be a different teacher and students). Students will need access to a computer/tablet/phone with an internet connection and zoom.us. After the lecture and demonstrations, teachers regularly check and correct the digital image of a student's work, explain what works in particular cases and what does not, and why.
Art materials will be available for pickup from the studio a few days before the start of the camp, (dates and details will be provided). We can also amazon them to you upon request if you purchase the camp before November 19, 2020.
Monumental winter landscapes, energetic winter sports, traditional winter celebrations - this camp is all about winter! Students will bring home several winter-related paintings and master oil/acrylic painting skills.
Mountain View studio (map):
2105 Old Middlefield Way #D, Mountain View CA 94043
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class starts.
If camp or class is canceled due to gathering restrictions or shelter in place order placed by state or county authorities, a similar online camp/class will be held instead. Students can cancel their registration if online learning does not work for them, with the full credit towards future in-person camp/class.
Winter landscapes: painting light and shadow on the snow, reflected colors of the sky. Winter trees: painting thick and thin branches and snow on them.
9am-12pm & 12:30-3:30pm.
Full day students paint on a bigger canvas and add people, houses and other details.
Animals in Winter: what they do to get through the cold winter months. Learning about bird and animal anatomy, and how to make feathers and fur look realistic.
Winter sports: drawing and painting human figure in motion on gorgeous backgrounds of snow.
Full day students paint on bigger canvases and add more details.
Winter celebrations: Chirstmas, Hanukkah, New Year, Chinese New Year, Carnivals in Venice and Rio, Mardi Gras.
Full day students paint on bigger canvases, or make pictures of two different winter holidays.
If you are looking to purchase individual days of this camp, you can do it here:
In-studio learning at Art School of SF Bay: