in-studio art camp for kids 10-16 years old
Mountain View dates:
Week 1: Manga Basics June 8-12
Week 2: Manga Storytelling June 15-19
Week 3: Manga Anime June 22-26
San Francisco dates:
Week 1: Manga Basics July 27-31
Week 2: Manga Storytelling August 3-7
Week 3: Manga Anime August 10-14
Changes due COVID-19:
These in-studio camps have been changed in compliance with the latest Health Orders of City of San Francisco and Santa Clara County.
- The camp will be limited to 12 students only, in a stable group setting with no mixing between the groups.
- Sitting in the studio is rearrange to assure adequate distance between the students.
- Teachers and kids 7 years and older are required to wear face covering.
- Face shields will be provided for younger kids.
- Studio is cleaned throughout regularly, with daily disinfection of active use areas (tables, door knobs, sinks, etc) and shared art materials (if possible). Some art materials are provided for individual use (pencil/eraser/clip boards).
- Air purifier with filters is used in the studio during the camp.
- No students with cold-like symptoms are allowed to participate. Please stay home if feeling sick.
- Students will not be allowed to go out of the studio to buy lunch. Please bring snack and lunch with you.
- Parents drop off and pick up students outside of the studio.
Week 1: Manga Basics
Dedicated to characters and background design, coloring and texture techniques, various Manga styles.
Week 2: Manga Storytelling
Focuses on storytelling, from panels and lettering to character journey and development.
Week 3: Manga Anime
Provides the first experience with animation - animation principles, drawing frames and animating your character.
Bring your own lunch and snacks.
High-quality art materials provided.
Mountain View studio:
2105 Old Middlefield Way #D, Mountain View, CA 94043
San Francisco studio:
2424 Clement Street, San Francisco CA 94121
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class start.
If camp or class is cancelled due to gathering restrictions or shelter in place order placed by state or county authorities, similar online camp/class will be held instead. Students can cancel their registration if online learning does not work for them, with the full credit towards future in person camp/class.