SCULPT, AND CREATE COMBO
in-studio art camp for kids 6-10 years old
Mountain View dates:
Week 1: Unusual Art Materials June 29- July 3, 2020
Week 2: Sculpt and Draw Animals July 6-10, 2020
Week 3: Junior Fan Art July 13-17, 2020
Changes due COVID-19:
This Mountain View in-studio camp has been changed to a 3 week combo in compliance with the latest Health Order of City of San Francisco.
- The camp will be limited to 2 students only, in a stable group setting with no mixing between the groups.
- Sitting in the studio is rearrange to assure adequate distance between the students.
- Teachers and kids 7 years and older are required to wear face covering.
- Face shields will be provided for younger kids.
- Studio is cleaned throughout regularly, with daily disinfection of active use areas (tables, door knobs, sinks, etc) and shared art materials (if possible). Some art materials are provided for individual use (pencil/eraser/clip boards).
- Air purifier with filters is used in the studio during the camp.
- No students with cold-like symptoms are allowed to participate. Please stay home if feeling sick.
- Students will not be allowed to go out of the studio to buy lunch. Please bring snack and lunch with you.
- Parents drop off and pick up students outside of the studio.
Week 1: Unusual Art Materials June 29-July 3, 2020
This camp is dedicated to various aspects of American nature and culture. We look at the United States through the eyes of American artists, and create artworks that express our view on our country.
Bring your own lunch and snacks.
High-quality art materials provided.
Mountain View studio (map):
2105 Old Middlefield Way #D, Mountain View CA 94043
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class start.
If camp or class is cancelled due to gathering restrictions or shelter in place order placed by state or county authorities, similar online camp/class will be held instead. Students can cancel their registration if online learning does not work for them, with the full credit towards future in person camp/class.
Sculpt and Draw Animals:
Day 1: 9am-12pm: Mosaics. Creating a drawing and making a mosaic based on it.
12:30-3:30pm: Face paint.
Day 2: 9am-12pm. Stained glass painting.
12:30-3:30pm: Metal embossing. Making a unique 3D picture on metal.
Day 3: 9am-12pm: Embroidery. Designing a unique pattern and embroidering it on scarf or other item of closing.
12:30-3:30pm: Pen and ink. Calligraphy. Making hand-written greeting cards.
Day 4: 9am-12pm. Learning to hammer, designing and implementing a unique thread drawing.
12:30-3:30pm: Printmaking. Creating a pattern and making colorful prints.
Day 5: 9am-12pm and 12:30-3:30pm: Arts and crafts from recycled materials.
Sculpt and Draw Animals:
Day 1. Pets! Sketching all the pets you can name; creating a portrait of your favorite pet. Pencil and pastels on paper.
Day 2. Study of a bird. Acrylic on board.
Day 3. Under the sea. Water animals and creatures. Watercolor on paper.
Day 4. Horse study. Sketching the motion. Horse head in details. Colored pencils on paper.
Day 5. Sculpting. Choice of realistic animal or creating a chimera. Air-dry clay.
Junior Fan Art:
Day 1. 9:00am-12:00pm: Character’s portrait: proportions of a human VS an animal face. Drawing a portrait of favorite character from a book or a movie.
12:30-3:30pm: Sculpting a character's portrait in profile. Side project: beads and coins.
Day 2. 9am-12pm: Drawing a favorite Pokemon or a cartoon animal.
12:30-3:30pm: Sculpting a Pokemon or an animal.
Day 3. 9:00am-12:00pm: Character’s body - anatomy and figure in motion.
12:30-3:30pm: Sculpting a standing figure.
Day 4. 9:00am-12:00pm: Landscapes and architecture. Drawing a location, where the character lives.
12:30-3:30 Making a soft sculpture. Felt, recycling materials.
Day 5. Final projects of a choice.