art camp for kids 10-16 years old
Online: February 21-25, 2022
Mountain View: June 27- July 1, 2022
2105 Old Middlefield Way #D, Mountain View CA 94043 map
The in-studio camps have been changed in compliance with the latest Health Orders of the City of San Francisco and Santa Clara County.
- Sitting in the studio is rearranged to assure 3 feet distance between the students.
- Studio is cleaned throughout regularly, with daily disinfection of active use areas (tables, doorknobs, sinks, etc) and shared art materials (if possible). Some art materials are provided for individual use (pencil/eraser/clipboards).
- Air purifier with filters is used in the studio during the camp.
- No students with cold-like symptoms are allowed to participate. Please stay home if feeling sick.
- Students will not be allowed to go out of the studio to buy lunch. Please bring a snack and lunch with you.
- Parents drop off and pick up students outside of the studio.
The online version of this camp will be held ONLINE via ZOOM video conference. Students will need access to a computer / tablet / phone with internet connection and zoom.us.
An introduction to digital drawing and painting. After this camp, students will be more familiar with digital art, which is nowadays a primarily art media in most art industries. They will also practice drawing objects, landscapes, and character design.
Please bring your own digital set up. We recommend one of these: 1. iPad with proCreate and an Apple pen.
2. PC or laptop with Photoshop and a drawing tablet (wacom or similar).
If you have another digital setup, please let us know the details so we can make sure it works for the camp.
Also, bring your own lunch and snacks.
Getting used to the workspace: mastering such tools as selection, brush, pencil, bucket, clone stamp. Understaning the concept of layers. Making a simple digital drawing.
Understanding shading: drawing real life and imaginary objects in realistic way.
1-, 2-, 3-Point Perspective. Drawing a landscape with architectural elements. Choosing a color pallet, and implementing it. .
Drawing a comic character. Understanding basics of human anatomy and proportions.
Adding text, textures and effects. Making a poster.
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class start.
If camp or class is cancelled due to gathering restrictions or shelter in place order placed by state or county authorities, similar online camp/class will be held instead. Students can cancel their registration if online learning does not work for them, with the full credit towards future in person camp/class.