in-studio art camp for kids 10-16 years old
9am-12pm or 12:30-3:30pm
The in-studio camps have been changed in compliance with the latest Health Orders of the City of San Francisco and Santa Clara County.
- Sitting in the studio is rearranged to assure 3 feet distance between the students.
- Studio is cleaned throughout regularly, with daily disinfection of active use areas (tables, doorknobs, sinks, etc) and shared art materials (if possible). Some art materials are provided for individual use (pencil/eraser/clipboards).
- Air purifier with filters is used in the studio during the camp.
- No students with cold-like symptoms are allowed to participate. Please stay home if feeling sick.
- Students will not be allowed to go out of the studio to buy lunch. Please bring a snack and lunch with you.
- Parents drop off and pick up students outside of the studio.
Day 1: Storytelling and Character’s journey. Intro to various comic styles. Designing a character, coming up with the plot, drafting up the panel composition.
Day 2: Intro to panels and layouts. Starting working on drafts of the full-size pages. "Zooming in and out", "Camera moves", bubble placement.
Day 3: Transferring to bristol paper. Inking, lettering.
Day 4: Continuing working on inking. Adding screen tones.
Day 5: Finishing the pages + working on the cover!
Do you often find yourself doodling characters in different positions, but always alone on a page, willing to move further? Are you a fan of comic art and animation, and would like to try your hand at it? Or, maybe, you draw comic books, and would like professional advice? We have a camp for you! It's dedicated to visual storytelling. Bring your sketchbooks or drawing tablets, instruction will be provided for both digital and traditional media!
Bring your own lunch and snacks.
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class starts.
If camp or class is canceled due to gathering restrictions or shelter in place order placed by state or county authorities, a similar online camp/class will be held instead. Students can cancel their registration if online learning does not work for them, with the full credit towards future in-person camp/class.
< Back to all camps