ALL ABOUT DRAWING
online art workshop for teens 12-18 years old
teacher: Maria Zhalnina
This course is dedicated to everything you need to know about drawing: sketching, shading, perspective, anatomy of humans and animals. Learn to draw everything you wish freely from your imagination!
It will be held ONLINE via ZOOM video conference. Students will need access to a computer / tablet / phone with internet connection and zoom.us. After the lecture and demonstrations teachers regularly check and correct the digital image of a student's work, explain what works in particular cases and what does not, and why.
12 weekly online classes:
Tuesdays 3:45-5:45pm Pacific Standard Time
1) January 5 - March 23, 2021
2) March 30 - June 15, 2021
September 22, 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27, November 3, 10, 17, December 1, 8, 15
Day1 Sketching & shading. Study of basic shapes. Pencil.
Day 2 Small still life. Charcoal.
Day 3 Perspective and architecture. Study of a cityscape. Sharpies and pens.
Day 4 Textured landscape drawing. Pencil/pen.
Day 5 Human anatomy overview. Short sketches. Soft pencil.
Day 6 Facial features and emotions. Pencil.
Day 7 Study of a human head. Pencil on cardboard.
Day 8 Black and white watercolor portrait.
Day 9 Representing texture. White charcoal on black paper.
Day 10 Final project of a choice, material of a choice.
Day 11 Final project of a choice, material of a choice.
Day 12 Final project of a choice, material of a choice.
- Drawing tools kit (graphite pencils at least 3 different softness, charcoal pencils - black and white, kneaded eraser, charcoal sticks, sharpener, blending tools, eraser)
- Black liner
- Black paper or board - 14x17 or bigger
- White paper or board - 16x20 or bigger
- Drawing/charcoal paper - 5 pages
- Bristol Velum or Mixed Media paper - 5 pages
- Mixed Media or Charcoal paper 16x20 min - 1 page (for portrait)
- Watercolor paint and brush
We are not offering refunds for new purchases. However, full credit towards future bookings or transfer to another camp/class will be offered for any cancellations made up to 24 hrs before the camp or class start.